Every company has started blogging nowadays. It is a a great way to improve your visibility on the internet, generate more traffic and interact with customers. If done properly, blogging can prove to be extremely successful for your business. However, blogging is a long term process. You should be patient with it. In order to create a successful blog, you should consider the following tips:
1. KEEP IT SHORT: Blog posts should not be like novels. Most people don’t have time to go through a long blog, don’t expect them to spend more than a couple of minutes over your long. An ideal blog post should be around 500 words, but if you have lots of things to write, then you can break it up in short paragraphs so that it is easily readable.
2. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE: Blog posts are generally for three kinds of audiences- new customers, existing customers and for everyone. If you are posting for new customers, then try to keep it simple and don’t use many technical terms. Although posting for everybody is a good idea, but ideally blog posts should be for either the new customers or for the old customers.
3. WRITE ENGAGING CONTENT: This is the most obvious tip. There are more than 100 million blogs currently. If your blog doesn’t have anything which makes it unique from the rest, then no one will bother to read it.
4. TAKE HELP FROM THE EMPLOYEES: When you are writing a business blog, more than one person should be involved in the process. Contact with the persons related with sales, they regularly deal with the customers and henc they will know what kind of blog will attract more customers.
5. DON’T THINK ABOUT SEO TOO MUCH: Many people think that applying SEO to the blog posts will attract more customers. But in reality, blogging is more about publishing your content. If the content is great, then automatically traffic will increase. If you write an average content and add too many keywords inside it, then you won’t get satisfactory results.
6. ALLOW COMMENTS ON YOUR BLOG: You should always give the readers the option to comment on your blog. Comments are the best way to get the customers feedback and to help them if they don’t understand anything. Switching off comments will make the customers suspicious and they won’t trust you. If you really want to connect with your customers, then you should interact with them and respond to their queries.
7. MATCH THE DESIGN OF THE BLOG TO YOUR BRAND: The main thing about any blog is obviously the content, but the blog should also look nice and attractive. If you are writing the blog for your business, then it should look very neat and professional . Don’t just make some minor edits by yourself, hire a designer and make a blog that compliments your business.
8. DON’T OVERTHINK EVERYTHING: A blog post is generally less formal, try to keep it simple. It should not be very complex and difficult to understand. It should look like as if you are directly speaking with the customers.
The blogging system I use is, Kalatu. Its very simple to use and it is already set up to get you traffic.
Stay tuned for future blog posts on how to monetize your blog to make an income.